having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Week 8: So Tired

Our family road trip to Indiana this past weekend went really well - we had such a good time :-) We spilled the beans to Matt's parents and they were very excited. Madeline had her "Big Sister" t-shirt on for a good 5 minutes before Matt couldn't take it any more and asked his parents if they liked Madeline's new shirt... Once they realized what it said they thought it was wonderful!

We also ended up telling most of our college friends... it hard to keep a secret like that when everyone is wondering why you're not acting quite the same as you usually do :-)

The car ride wasn't very pleasant for me, but I survived :-) I had to eat a few crackers every 20 min. or so to keep from feeling completely nauseous, but once I took the wheel and drove for a while I felt better - the front seat was a lot nicer to me than the back seat! Madeline was a trooper - she tolerated the 10 hours (each way) in the car a lot better than I did :-)

Our midwife mentioned that the morning sickness usually peaks around weeks 8 - 11 and that seems to be ringing true for me. Pretty nauseous all day lately and having a hard time finding anything to eat that actually looks/smells appetizing. Not to worry, I'm still eating, just maybe not quite as much as normal :-)

Sunday the extreme exhaustion settled in. I've really been having a hard time keeping my eyes open for the past few days. A short nap when Madeline lays down in the afternoon has really helped.

Just like during my pregnancy with Madeline my face seems to be breaking out, I'm guessing it has something to do with all of the hormones racing through my body right now! I'm also back to gagging whenever I brush my teeth - not so pleasant! My stomach has also been overly "bubbly" lately, so keeping a few Tums on hand has been helpful :-)

A few days ago I had a little cramping and started to worry, but I-Am-Pregnant.com put my mind at ease, saying that this is common around this stage. My uterus is growing (obviously) and sometimes this causes tightening or cramping. Just one more worry laid to rest :-)

We have our next appointment with CNM Cheryl tomorrow and we're praying that everything is going well. I don't know if we'll be lucky enough to get another ultrasound, but we should at least be able to get a chance to listen to the heartbeat. This will also be a great opportunity to talk with Cheryl about our wishes for this pregnancy and birth. I'm looking forward to hearing her answers to our questions and feeling reassured that we've made the right prenatal care choice :-)

I know I promised belly pictures this past week, but because we were out of town it didn't happen. I'll make sure to take the first shot this Saturday (9 weeks)!

1 comment:

GirlHouse said...

I had to change flavors of tooth paste to keep from gagging while brushing! After awhile the thought of chewing on a Tums made me queasy, so I switched to something I can just swallow