having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Anxious...

The "symptoms" of pregnancy seem to be fading which caused me to lose a lot of sleep last night. I've read that the cause of all of these symptoms is in the increase in hormones that comes along with being pregnant. Losing these symptoms so early in pregnancy makes me worry that this indicates a decrease in these hormones - and possibly a problem similar to what happened last time.

Last March/April when we were pregnant for the second time we didn't tell anybody about the pregnancy until after I miscarried. Keeping the pregnancy a secret for the first 7 weeks had A LOT to do with me not really "feeling" pregnant. I didn't have any of the symptoms that I had had with Madeline and something just didn't feel right.

Not having told anyone that we were pregnant made the situation both easier and harder at the same time. It was easier in that we didn't have any awkward situations come up when someone would say or ask something about the pregnancy, but it also made it harder because in some ways I wanted people to know what we were going through. It was hard to smile when people kept asking "So, when is Madeline going to get a baby brother or sister?". Do we tell them about the miscarriage or just smile and say "Soon - hopefully"? We ended up telling a lot of people about our loss, but there were also times when we just let it go.

With symptoms being weak again this time and seeming to fade it makes me all that much more anxious this time around. I've made an appointment with our midwife for next Tuesday (6 weeks). Hopefully she'll be able to tell me more and help ease my anxiety.

No comments: