This morning we confirmed our suspicions that yes, in fact, we are going to be parents again and, Madeline will be a big sister next May!
This news gives us such a sense of excitement and relief. The relief is being felt because last April we experienced the loss of our second pregnancy and since then emotions have run high and becoming pregnant again has taken a little bit longer than it has in the past. The disappointment and feeling of loss associated with miscarrying is hard to explain. Even though it's something we still think about often, we've learned to accept it and understand that it didn't happen because of anything we did wrong... there wasn't anything that we could have done to change the outcome. We're really hoping and praying that this time everything goes as planned and we have another wonderful and exciting pregnancy :-)
I'm planning on keeping track of all things pregnancy related this time around. I kind of regret not starting a blog with the first pregnancy, but I'm going to try to remember, and note, how things are the same and how they are different this time around.
Well, so far I've felt a few early signs of pregnancy... tender chest and occasional twinges of an upset stomach. Neither of these is nearly as pronounced as I remember it with Madeline, but it's still early and I really don't want to jinx myself :-) I've also been going to the bathroom a lot more often and feeling pretty worn out - both typical in the first few weeks (and throughout the entire 40 weeks). One unusual thing I felt this week was some cramping. I did some research on the internet and found out that this can happen during implantation. I hope this is the cause and that it's not an indication of any sort of problem.
Besides keeping track of how I'm feeling throughout the pregnancy, I'm going to chart how much weight I gain (comparatively to how much I gained with Madeline) and I'm going to take weekly pictures of my growing belly - should be interesting!
This news gives us such a sense of excitement and relief. The relief is being felt because last April we experienced the loss of our second pregnancy and since then emotions have run high and becoming pregnant again has taken a little bit longer than it has in the past. The disappointment and feeling of loss associated with miscarrying is hard to explain. Even though it's something we still think about often, we've learned to accept it and understand that it didn't happen because of anything we did wrong... there wasn't anything that we could have done to change the outcome. We're really hoping and praying that this time everything goes as planned and we have another wonderful and exciting pregnancy :-)
I'm planning on keeping track of all things pregnancy related this time around. I kind of regret not starting a blog with the first pregnancy, but I'm going to try to remember, and note, how things are the same and how they are different this time around.
~ Madeline, if you ever read this, I'm sorry I didn't keep a more detailed diary of my pregnancy with you, but I hope you find this just as helpful when you get the wonderful opportunity to experience all of these things for yourself ~
Well, so far I've felt a few early signs of pregnancy... tender chest and occasional twinges of an upset stomach. Neither of these is nearly as pronounced as I remember it with Madeline, but it's still early and I really don't want to jinx myself :-) I've also been going to the bathroom a lot more often and feeling pretty worn out - both typical in the first few weeks (and throughout the entire 40 weeks). One unusual thing I felt this week was some cramping. I did some research on the internet and found out that this can happen during implantation. I hope this is the cause and that it's not an indication of any sort of problem.
Besides keeping track of how I'm feeling throughout the pregnancy, I'm going to chart how much weight I gain (comparatively to how much I gained with Madeline) and I'm going to take weekly pictures of my growing belly - should be interesting!








No comments:
Post a Comment