I felt the baby hicupping for the first time this week! It was late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning. Not as pronouced as I remember with Madeline, but I'm sure the feeling with get stronger as the baby continues to grow :-)
I've started to feel a little bit of reflux after dinner and before I go to bed. Nothing painful, but there none the less.
I've also started going to prenatal yoga this week and love it! I'm going to Blooma in Edina - a yoga studio that caters specifically to expecting and new Mamas. In fact, I'm enjoying it so much that I enrolled in the month unlimited and plan to take as many classes as possible - I've already been 3 times! It's definitely harder than I imagined it, but it's a great workout and gives me an hour and a half to relax and just think about Baby!!!
Blooma is a great place for all things pregnancy related. I first heard about them when researching the Minnesota Childbirth Collective. The Collective has free educational meetings/classes every Monday night at Blooma. Matt and I have gone to "All about Doulas" and this past Monday I went to "Comfort Measures". We learn something new at every session and everything we've learned helps us focus on acheiving the natural birth/VBAC that we want so badly.
Speaking of the Childbirth Collective, this is where we got the names of the doulas we are going to interview. We've already had one interview and the others are scheduled for Sunday - we hope to make a decision sometime next week!
Blooma also has a prenatal chiropractor, massage therapists, acupressurists, acupucnturists and miriad of other prenatal prefessionals right on sight. I've scheduled a chiropractic session for next week to see if she can help with my back/pubic symphysis pain - I hope she can help!
While at Blooma we also borrowed the movie, The Business of Being Born. Matt and I watched it together and it really helped us open up to each other about how we felt about birth and how we wanted this birth to unfold. This is a movie I wish we would have watched together earlier on in this pregnancy and even before we had Madeline... but watching it together now was a great experience and I feel we are so much closer because of it. I think EVERY couple should watch it together if/when they decide to expand their family :-)
Fetal Development: Week-By-Week
Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week
Friday, February 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment