having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Saturday, February 28, 2009

28th Week: We're in the Third Trimester!

This week Madeline and I went to my 28 week prenatal appointment with CNM Cheryl. We hadn't seen her in 12 weeks (one appointment with OBGyn Huldeen & one with CNM Renae) and we were so glad to have her back! She talked with me for over an hour and answered all kinds of questions I had regarding hospital policies and recommendations she had for a natural labor/delivery. There are some hospital policies that we don't agree with, but Cheryl said that we will work together to make our experience everything that we are hoping for.

At the appointment I had my Glucose screen for gestational diabetes and everything came back clear. I also received my Rhogam shot (because I'm RH- and Matt id RH+) and got to listen to the heartbeat - always Madeline's favorite part! I can't remember exactly how fast the heartbeat was this week, but Baby Frantz definitely had the hiccups while we were listening in! Cheryl said that the hiccups are a great sign and mean that Baby is practicing breathing just as he/she should be :-)

Appointments are every two weeks now so more updates to come!

I mentioned last week that I was going to see the chiropractor at Blooma - Dr. McKinley. Well, I went on Wednesday and she found that my pelvis is out of alignment and that is what is causing my pain. She did a few adjustments, told me to ice regularly, add a few new daily exercises, wear the pregnancy "belt" my cousin so kindly let me borrow and cut back on yoga for the next few weeks. I've been doing as she instructed and still have some pain... I go back in next week for a follow-up and we'll see what finds!

No yoga for a couple of weeks :-( Since Dr. McKinley said to cut back on yoga for the next 2 weeks, Blooma graciously extended my month unlimited package so that I can fully take advantage of the package once I've been cleared to practice again :-)

On another note...We've chosen a doula! Well actually we have chosen 2 doulas... Gina and Beth work together and have worked out a schedule to help them achieve balance between home life and doula life :-) We met with them last Sunday and they seem to be the best fit for us. They have each been doulas for about 8 years and together have attended more than 300 births! We are excited to get to know them and have them get to know us. It is so comforting knowing that we will have someone with us throughout the entire labor, showing us new ways to find comfort, providing insight as to why certain things are happening (and why they are normal), helping us remember to ask the right questions when certain situations arise and
reminding us of the plan we've put so much thought into.

I've also started reading a great book I found at Half-Priced Books last weekend, Gentle Birth Choices, by Barbara Harper. It has been very inspiring and definitely reenforces the choices we have been planning for this birth. I highly recommend reading it if you are pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant - its a great reference regarding all of the choices you have during your birth experience.

No comments: