having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Saturday, April 25, 2009

36th Week - Lots of practice!

The practice surges (the way we prefer to refer to contractions :smile: ) are really increasing this week. I mean, there have been quite a few of them for the past several weeks, but there seem to be even more this week. The practice surges only consist of some tightening and aren't uncomfortable at all, so I say the more practice the better!

Getting out of bed at night and in the morning to use the bathroom is becoming more difficult. Most of this is probably due to Baby Frantz growing, but I'm sure moving into the new house has a little do with it too :-) I'm having some sharp pulling sensations really low on my right side when I try and move my leg after sleeping for a while and the discomfort in the lower right side of my back has really intensified. I think maybe it's time for another trip to the chiropractor.

Last week was my last "full" (four days) week of work. From here on out I'll be taking an extra day or 2 off per week to get things organized at home. I didn't do this with Madeline and really wish I would have. Matt will still take Madeline to daycare during the day so I'll have more time to widdle away at my ever-growing list of things to do (plus squeeze in an extra yoga class or two :wink: rvmp )

We went and saw Dr. Huldeen again this week - another appointment with an OB was required :roll: - revised - Not much to report other than the heartbeat was lower this week - about 130. She said this was more-than-likely because the baby was sleeping. This made sense because I hadn't felt any big movements for a while :-) Other than checking the heartbeat, she answered a few questions for us that would come into play only in the unfortunate circumstance that we find ourselves facing another cecarean section. If this happens we still want to be able to stick to as many of our birth preferances as possible... Daddy announcing the sex and cutting the cord after pulsing has stopped, immediate skin-to-skin contact (with Daddy if Mommy is unavailable), limited handling by anyone other than mom and dad, nursing as soon as possible & delaying any infant tests or procedures for at least the first hour or two. They seem to be okay with all of this and said that if Dad has to leave the room with Baby, that our Doula could immediately take his place so that I'm never alone. Knowing all of these things is comforing, but we truly hope to avoid this situation alltogether :crossfingers: revision

Still on the list for this weekend is finishing up our birth preferences and getting our bags packed!




No comments: