having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Friday, November 21, 2008

Week 14... Pregnancy Brain, Mrs. Clumsy and My Growing Belly

Once again, there isn't much to report this week. I'm feeling good and that's great! I do think that my "pregnancy brain" is starting to settle in. There is no scientific evidence to back any of this up, but MANY pregnant women feel like they tend to forget things more often when being pregnant - especially all of that short term memory stuff, like where you set your phone down or that you started a load of laundry that need to be put in the dryer. I don't think it's a physical change as much as the fact that you have so many more things running through your head. Whether consciously or not, I know that I'm thinking about being pregnant almost constantly and that just takes up more space in my brain... leaving less room for all of that short-term memory stuff :-)

I'm also feeling a lot more clumsy these days - dropping things and completely missing things that I try to grab too quickly. Again, I don't think this is a physical change, but has more to do with my mind racing all the time. All the thoughts of Baby Frantz running through my head has to mean that there is just less time to concentrate on all of those little things that I'm doing :-)

This biggest change this week is that I feel like I'm starting to "pop". Not enough that I think other people will notice (take a look at the picture and let me know what you think), but enough that I notice. I just can't suck in my belly any more and that means I won't be able to for at least another 6 months! I'm pretty sure this is earlier than the first time around (maybe more like 17-18 weeks the first time), but I also started off a little bigger with our first pregnancy and know I was more in denial :-)

I haven't actually gained any weight yet, but that isn't surprising to me at all. With Madeline I actually lost about 10 lbs. the first trimester and then gradually began to gain the pregnancy weight. My previous OB and I attributed this weight loss to feeling nauseous and not wanting to eat as much, along with the fact that I was just being so much healthier... Lots more fruits and veggies, eating breakfast regularly, eating smaller meals more frequently, less dining out, drinking LOTS more water, the elimination of all adult beverages and regular exercise. I think the same is holding true with this pregnancy, but because I started off a little lighter there wasn't as much to lose. So, the transition to a healthier lifestyle has probably lead to an even exchange of unnecessary weight I was carrying before getting pregnant and the extra weight I've put on because if being pregnant :-) CNM Cheryl agrees and says that everything is progressing just as it should! I'm predicting the weight gain will start really soon, but hopefully be pretty gradual, just like last time :-)

Still no need for maternity pants, but the selection of non-maternity pants that I have that continues to fit is gradually decreasing. My maternity attire may make an appearance sooner rather than later :-) The first time around I was like many first-timers and just didn't want to "give-in" and say that my normal clothes weren't fitting any more - and probably went a little longer than I needed in jeans that were just too big instead of buying my first pair of maternity pants. This time I know just how comfortable that 3 - 4 inch wide maternity band can be! I've already dug them out of hiding and they're just waiting to make their debut :-) I just wish that I could remember what I did with that pair of khaki maternity pants that I just loved when I was pregnant with Madeline... did I put them somewhere different than my other maternity clothes or did I lend them to someone and I just can't remeber who... dang pregnancy brain!

No comments: