having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Friday, December 5, 2008

16 Week... A very productive check-up :-)

Madeline and I went to my 16 week appointment this morning and everything went just as it was supposed to... We discussed some of the aches and pains I've been having, talked about meeting the other midwives in the practice, looked ahead to delivery time and my plan to have a doula with me, discussed the new Women's wing at the hospital and how (if it is finished) the changes might affect us, scheduled my 20 week ultrasound appointment with an OB (because all VBAC patients are required to), I got my flu shot and then listened to the heartbeat - 160 beats per minute :-) A very productive appointment!

On Wednesday evening/night I had pretty sharp pains in my lower right pelvis area and dull pains in my lower, right back, near my kidney. These were different from the normal round ligament stretching pains that I've had quite regularly in that this pain lasted from about 9:00 PM to about 5:00 AM. These pains were accompanied by a pretty bad headache. My motherly instincts told me that the pains weren't associated with the baby, but if they were still there in the morning I would definitely give the doctor a call. The pain in my lower right pelvis would surge every so often and get worse when I went to the bathroom, but when I got up in the morning they were pretty much gone all together. Since the pain went away I decided to wait and talk with our midwife about it this morning.

After seeing that there were no abnormalities (no signs of infection) in my regular tests we talked about what may have caused the pains I described. Cheryl mentioned that maybe I had passed a small kidney stone - this had actually crossed my mind the night before. She said if this is what is happened the pain will just go away and there really isn't anythign else to worry about. If the pains come back I will give her a call and see if there is anything else it might be. BUT for right now I am fine and everything seems to be back to normal :-)

No other big changes to report this week... I'm starting to feel a little bit bigger and I'm anxiously awaiting feeling the first movements from Baby Frantz!

No comments: