having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Saturday, March 7, 2009

29th Week: Birthing Classes

Not a whole lot to report this week, but Baby Frantz has had the hicups more and more lately :-) My second session with the chiropractor really seemed to help more with my back pain. She also suggested a prenatal massage so, I called my wonderfully talented cousin who owns her own massage business, Therapeutic Body Massage. I went to her this afternoon for my very first massage ever. I could tell that she found quite a few knots and really worked on breaking them up - I'm looking forward to feeling the results over the next few days! She also suggested that I come back in a few weeks and I definitely will :-)

Matt and I also started taking a birthing class at Blooma - Hypnobirthing.

***Yes, this is our second child, but because I did not experience labor with Madeline (who presented footling breech and was delivered via cesarean) this will be a totally new expereince for both Matt and I - we're trying to learn as much as we can :-)***

Sooo, Hypnobirthing does not mean that I will be hypnotized during the birth, but rather helps develop a meditation/relaxation routine before going into labor. Our instructor is great! She is a registered nurse at a local hospital and has so many wonderfully inspiring stories of women managing and truly loving their birth experiences. She shares an abundance of information on the birth experience and what you should expect so that you are not scared or aprehensive before your big day arrives.

The first class was great and I've really enjoyed learning everything I can with Matt right by my side learning everything right along with me. I've never been much of a "meditaor", but I really want to try... Anything that may help us on our journey to a natural birth is worth taking a better look at!

No comments: