having a baby
How`s my pregnancy doing?

Fetal Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these are NOT actual ultrasound pictures of Baby Frantz... they're just a representation of what most babies will look like during each week of pregnancy :-)

Baby Belly Development: Week-By-Week

Please note that these ARE actual pictures of my growing belly, so be kind with your comments :-)

Saturday, March 28, 2009

32 Weeks - Morning Sickness?!?!

So I was under the impression that morning sickness was either experienced at the beginning of your pregnancy or throughout all of your pregnancy, but I wasn't aware that you may have it in the beginning and then not again until the 3rd trimester! As I noted in some of my very first posts, my morning sickness during the first trimester was felt, but really wasn't that bad (other than the fact that it wasn't only limited to the morning and seemed to pop up several times over the course of the day). Just as lots of women experience, the morning sickness faded in the 2nd trimester and I felt great! Now, for the past couple of weeks I've once again started not feeling all that great as I'm waking up in the mornings. The nausea tends to go away after a shower and some breakfast, but it's definitely there as I lay in bed after I wake up. Again, it's really nothing to complain about, but I don't remember this happening with Madeline.

We had another great check-up with our Midwife this week - baby is still head down and the heartbeat is right where it should be! Madeline always loves listening to the heartbeat :-) This appointment was fairly short. We talked about the great experience we have had at our hypnobirthing classes and asked how familiar the hospital staff is with this method. Cheryl felt that there wasn't a lot of experience, but that the method was known and accepted. She likes the idea that we plan on having a sign on our door to let people know before they come into the room - she thinks it will really help set the tone in the room :-) Next time, Matt plans on coming to the appointment and perhaps getting the opportunity to go over our birth preferences with Cheryl.

Our hypnobirthing class ended this week and we just can't say enough positive things about it. I think that both Matt and I are very confident that we can have the natural birth experience that we are so hoping for. We will continue to prepare at home using all the things that we have learned and plan to go into our birth experience with a relaxed body and an open mind.

Baby Frantz is very active and loves to wake up in the middle of the night for "dance parties". It's amazing how active the little one is at 2 and 3 AM :-) The movements are still pretty forceful and mainly felt on my upper right hand side - just where they should be!

No comments: